Muurla Design Marketing Oy, Business ID: 1884708-2
Muurlantie 9, 25130 Muurla, Finland
COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
The collected personal data and the scope of its processing varies depending on the relationship between Muurla and the customer or user of online service, the permissions and denials concerning the processing of personal data and marketing and the cookie and tracking settings of the browser used.
Muurla does not collect payment information. All the payment information is processed by third-party payment services.
Submitted personal data
Personal data submitted by the customer or user of online service to Muurla at various times, such as during a product order or newsletter subscription or registration to an online service, may include the following:
- basic data, such as name and contact information (address, phone number, email)
- registration date to online service (if the customer wants to create an own account on the site)
- customer service data, such as customer feedback and communication with customer service
- permit data, such as information about marketing permits or other permits and prohibitions related to the use of personal data
Data collected from the use of online service
Data collected from the use of online services may include:
- collected data about the device or application used, such as browser version, device type or display size
- data about online service use, such as information about pages loaded, time spent at online services, navigation in online services or advertising or marketing content viewed
- data about web pages opened through customer communication
- location data based on IP address
- data collected by social plugins or other third parties
A user of online service can be identified through a digital identifier created in the services when the customer signs in or arrives at the online service through targeted customer communication, such as a newsletter. Data about the use of online service is collected using cookies.
Derived and combined data
In order to serve its customers and online service users better Muurla refines collected personal data by analyzing it using various statistical methods and by combining data collected from different sources.
Using the aforementioned methods, it is possible to make assumptions about things such as interests, gender, age group, purchasing behavior or other similar characteristics. These assumptions are based on the submitted or collected data mentioned in the previous paragraph. In order to ensure consumers' privacy, Muurla shall not make assumptions about information that is considered sensitive.
Muurla secures the privacy of its customers or users of online service by exercising special care when carrying out the derivation and combination of data described above, so that the privacy of customers or users of online service is not compromised.
Cookies are small text files, often constructed of letters and numbers, which the browser inserts into a computer or other device while you use an online service. By using cookies Muurla gets information about how its online service is used. Muurla uses this information to develop its online service, to analyze the use of its site and to target and optimize marketing to its users.
PERSONAL DATA PURPOSES OF USE
Muurla collects personal data for the maintenance of customer relationships, development of products and services and on commercial purposes. Access for collected personal data is only granted for limited Muurla personnel.
Muurla uses customers personal data for various activities necessary for maintaining a customer relationship, including:
- delivery of orders
- maintenance of a customer relationship or customer communication
- customer service or other customer support
- competitions or draws for prizes
- target marketing and advertising
- direct marketing on customer’s consent
- to develop its online service (such as product recommendations to its users)
The customer can influence the processing of personal data by contacting customer service.
When using Muurla online service customer is responsible to give precise and up to date personal information. Information should be updated when customer logs in on their account or places a new order on site. The customer can always change or delete its personal data by contacting the customer service.
SHARING AND HANDING OVER PERSONAL DATA
Muurla may share or hand over personal data only when its necessary for example for logistic or marketing reasons. Customer’s payment information is automatically directed to payment service.
Muurla may also share or hand over information when applicable legislation mandates handing over personal data. Handing over personal data may be necessary, for example, at the request of authorities or for carrying out a judicial process. Muurla may hand over personal data to third parties if it is necessary for guaranteeing the rights or safety of Muurla and the customer or user, investigating fraud or responding to queries from authorities.
Transferring personal data outside the EU/EEA
As a rule, Muurla shall not transfer or process data outside the European Union or European Economic Area. If data is exceptionally moved outside the EU/EEA, an adequate level of protection for personal data shall be ensured in accordance with applicable legislation.
STORING PERSONAL DATA
AN INDIVIDUAL'S RIGHTS AND WAYS OF INFLUENCING THE PROCESSING
Muurla is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and users of online service and their rights defined in data protection legislation. Listed below are the customers most important rights and ways of influencing the processing of personal data:
- a right to inspect their own personal data and to demand the correction of incorrect information.
- a right to request to delete their personal data to the extent that other legislation allows it.
- a right to get access to inspect and update their information on their own account on the online service.
- a right to transfer certain personal data about themselves to another register.
- a right to deny direct marketing or oppose the processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- a right to enable or change cookies used on online service
Muurla takes appropriate information security measures to ensure the secure processing of personal data. Personal data is protected from loss, destruction, abuse, unauthorized access and transfer. Secure processing is ensured by means such as restricting access to the data and ensuring that employees and sub-contractors are using personal data in accordance with instructions and agreements.